BSP LL.C. designated as nominated electricity market operator
On 21st December 2015, BSP LL.C. has been designated by the Energy Agency as a nominated electricity market operator.
On 14th August 2015, the Commission Regulation (EU) No 2015/1222 of 24 July 2015 establishing a Guideline on Capacity Allocation and Congestion Management (hereinafter “CACM Regulation”) entered into force. The latter set the rules for the functioning of the cross border day-ahead and intraday market in European Union and made the market coupling legally binding across the European Union.
On 21st December 2015, BSP LL.C. has been designated by the Energy Agency in accordance with the CACM Regulation as a nominated electricity market operator (hereinafter "NEMO") for a period of 4 years, in order to perform the single day-ahead and intraday coupling within the territory of the Republic of Slovenia.
Europe's electricity spot exchanges that have been designated as NEMOs have subsequently established the "NEMO Committee" to take forward their joint responsibility to further develop and operate the European single day-ahead and intraday market coupling as required under the CACM Regulation.
In accordance with CACM Regulation, the NEMO Committee, representing all NEMOs from across Europe, submitted to national regulatory authorities for approval the following proposals for terms and conditions or methodologies:
- plan that specifies how to jointly set up and perform the market coupling operator funtion ("MCO plan"),
- harmonised maximum and minimum clearing prices to be applied in all bidding zones which participate in single day-ahead and single intraday couplings,
- back-up methodology,
- products that can be taken into account in the single day-ahead and single intraday couplings, and
- price coupling algorithm and for the continuous trading matching algorithm, incorporating a common set of requirements for the price coupling algorithm and the continuous trading matching algorithm.
- Euphemia algorithm public description
- CACM Regulation